Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Impossible is Nothing

After calling USC and being transfered from the Cinema department to the Admissions department, then back to the Director of Admissions for the Cinema department, I have concluded the following: It is impossible to transfer to USC Cinema with the help of USC counselors.

"We don't do any preliminary counseling."

And after I asked how I would know if I'm on the right track to transfer, she responded:

"You won't know until you apply for admission."

Well, that's fairly simple now, isn't it? I don't know too much about counseling or transfering students, but I'm guessing my four-year-old cousin would know that. USC doesn't do any counseling with students and their 'Transfer Day' isn't limited to students hoping to get into USC Cinema. So what does an eager student do? Call UCLA. Any luck there? Nope, I received the same information through a phone message.

"If you're calling to receive more information on admission and transfering, DO NOT leave a message. You can receive all that information on our website!"

Either I'm doing something very wrong or I'm just ahead of my time. My current college counselors recommend I go straight to the source, yet the source refers me to a website. A website which I have already mastered, no pun intended. My conclusion is this: If you want something done right, don't call around. Get up and do something!