Monday, March 10, 2008

Key Grip

I was determined and eager to get started with film production, and I believe I am finally getting there.

The interview at Coffee Bean must have gone well because I got hired. As you may have imagined, I did not take the job. I scheduled several other interviews, one of which was today, and am still waiting for a call back. One thing I have learned is every production company looking for an intern that I came across was very small, working from a house, and very unprofessional. I was unhappy with their working environment, therefore I declined the first job offer and will probably decline any others.

On Sunday, I was given the opportunity to work as a production assistant/key grip with Shervin Youssefian for a music video he was directing. I am a fan of his work and having the chance to work with his crew was a great experience. We also taped a behind-the-scenes documentary which is going to be shown with the music video on Armenian TV. Overall, it felt right, working with a team of creative people looking to capture the perfect moment on camera. This is the first step and from here on, I won't be waiting around for things to happen. I'm going take action.