Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Agency

I've been too busy (read: too lazy) to update this blog as often as I would like.
We completed the "Chase" film for my cinema class and it was screened on November 6. It was a pretty great experience seeing one of my films on the big screen. The professor was impressed and commented on my cinematography and editing. I received a perfect score, 120/120, for the assignment. I've been somewhat overwhelmed by my upcoming tasks. I have another film to complete for the class which is due in two weeks. School work, new projects and school applications are piling up.
Here's some interesting talk; I e-mailed Shervin yesterday to talk to him about an idea I had for YouTube videos. He said he wanted to meet with me so I went over to his office and met him and Danny. Turns out, they want me to rewrite "The Agency" and want us to film certain scenes from the first episode. Basically, they want to put together a small package and pitch the show to several networks; VH1, HBO, etc.
I love the idea and don't mind rewriting the script(s). I'm going to have to redo the original outlines and structure the story in a more professional way. I can do this on my spare time and it won't overload with my other work. If it ends up selling, they want to make me head writer. I wouldn't mind writing for television at all.