Thursday, February 5, 2009

USC / BLU

I have officially submitted my application for USC School of Cinematic Arts. Yes, the insanity is over. I drove down to the school last Friday with Mary. It was a beautiful campus, obviously, with some great buildings. I was in and out as fast as possible; I didn't want to become too captivated.

Aside from that, I have officially crossed over to Blu-ray. I haven't made a purchase of a Blu-ray player but I have come across three titles: Goodfellas, Full Metal Jacket and Blood Diamond. What an interesting purchase; two of my favorite directors (Martin Scorsese and Stanley Kubrick) including some of my favorite actors (Robert DeNiro, Joe Pesci, Ray Liotta, Leonardo DiCaprio).

I have also decided on a Blu-ray player: the Sony BDP-S550. I can't wait until I have my personal home theatre. Nobody's gonna wanna leave.

Now, I'm just crossing fingers for USC while starting on Chapman. Good luck, Armen.