Monday, January 26, 2009

100 Hours

In roughly 100 hours, I should completely be finished with the USC application and have submitted it. How freaked out should I be?

It all started with a dream, remember? I was very confused when I started this blog and although I haven't updated it as often as I hoped, I'm still here. Not so much confused but very scared.

In 4 days, I will be driving to USC to personally submit my supplemental application. I keep rewriting my essays, trying to polish them to perfection. I keep reading about students who have transfered and can't help but notice how great their GPAs are compared to mine. I keep thinking to myself, "No matter how great my essay is, it can always be better." In just a few days, everything will come to an end. Sure, I still have to finish my application for Chapman and New York University but USC's was the most time consuming. I've been treating each application as if it's my first choice and for once, I feel as if USC truly is. I'll be faced with quite a dilemma if I am accepted to both USC and Chapman.

In the end, I am truly terrified. I feel like my application is going to get lost in a pool of better educated invididuals. Did I use enough "big" words? Is my essay descriptive enough? The real question is: Does it matter? I am a student who wants to go to school and study. I am willing to pay and I am promising to be a good boy! Yet, hundreds of students are rejected every year. Is it fair? I want to get accepted as badly as everybody else and I think, ultimately, your writing has to show that.

Maybe if you want it bad enough, they'll let you slide. I mean, come on. Who cares what my favorite food is? I want to get an education; I'm not hungry!