Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Amorosa

I would officially like to announce the title for the short film; Amorosa.

I am choosing to withhold all information pertaining to the film and will only discuss certain elements as we begin filming. I met with two actors today to discuss the film and they have both signed on to the project. I have already picked out our locations for filming and reviewed them with the director of photography. As of now, the locations are in Hollywood, Burbank, Reseda and Malibu. I will be meeting with a final actor on Thursday and if all goes well, we will be ready to start filming this weekend. We are probably going to have to wrap it up by the end of next week because of scheduling conflicts, but I don't think that should be a problem.

It has been getting pretty difficult to organize the shoot and cast each actor. I think the main reason I am having some difficulty is because this is the first time I am directing a film. I was in charge of writing the story, casting the actors and crew, scouting locations, and such more in so little time. Hopefully, I can overcome the obstacles I will eventually face but I am pretty confident this film will be complete by the end of this month.