Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Score?

I've been trying to continue with the process of editing. As I come closer to getting a rough copy of the film, I seem to get nervous. As soon as I make any process, I give up for the night.

The climax of the film is being edited right now, and all I have to do after that is add the narration. It looks like the film will have a running time of about fifteen minutes. I've been playing back the first ten minutes or so, just to see how I feel. I need to work on the transitions because the tone of the film gets lost during each scene.

I came across a composer from a student film forum. I asked him if he'd like to take a look at my film, mainly the scenes that have no sound yet, and see what he could do with them. They may look better with a score and help the overall tone of the film. I hope so.

Other than that, I've been watching the trailer for Revolutionary Road, as much as I can. It inspires me to finish my film, not only so I could have a finished product, but also so I can move onto another idea. Hopefully I'll come back in a week or so and say the official rough copy of the film is ready.