Saturday, September 6, 2008

High Definition

Igori came to the office today so we could upload our footage so I can begin editing. Easier said than done...

He brought along the three high definition tapes which we used during filming and two edited footage in standard definition. Because neither one of us had never used Adobe Premiere before, we tried to figure out if it was possible to upload in high definition. It seemed to work, but we had to render the files which ultimately ending up looking like standard definition. We watched both tapes separately on a TV and the high definition footage was absolutely beautiful. I was greatly disappointed because I didn't want to settle for standard.

I didn't give up. After some research, I figured out my version of Adobe Premiere was supposed to support HD uploads. Igori messed around with the settings and we finally figured it out! It was going to take another three hours to upload the footage so we rescheduled. We did upload a short script as a sample so I could preview it at home. Although the footage does get downgraded, the final version will still be high definition. We also came across a huge problem. For some reason, our boom and equipment is visible because the camera screen displayed wrong images. Hopefully, we'll be able to work around this problem during editing. Something new to worry about...